Δημοσιεύτηκε: 03 Ιούλ 2014, 17:37
από George Pantelis
Βρήκα αυτό στο forum του Antergos. Προσυπογράφω...

How much different is Antergos from Arch?
Mike » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:12 am
I think the biggest sticking issue for the Arch community is that Antergos has the 'audacity' ;) to offer the installation of some basic and useful software as part of its installation procedure. And because Antergos has its own repository, that 'proves' it is not Arch. By offering the availability of installing software people want to use, Arch users want to say Antergos has stepped outside the Simplicity principle of the Arch Way. But, you see, I view that as one of the ways Antergos offers even more simplicity, because when you boot into Antergos for the first time, there is already a well-rounded offering of software there, waiting on you.

Speaking strictly for myself, this particular machine has both an Antergos install and an Arch install. And the only difference I see is Antergos is much more polished and elegant than Arch. I will not deny there was a certain sense of satisfaction and accomplishment in using Arch, after having installed it. For a few days after installing Arch, I exclusively ran Arch, for a couple of weeks, after installing it. And then, I logged out of Arch and booted back into Antergos. It just didn't make sense to keep trying to tweak Arch, in an effort to make it as slick as Antergos, when I already had Antergos installed.

I suppose it will make some people cringe to hear it, but I also run an Evo/Lution Arch install in VirtualBox. I do see some small differences with that install, but when the rubber hits the road, it is still Arch, too.

At the end of the day, I run Antergos, simply because it already has all the polish and elegance I want. And because the Antergos support community has been built on a foundation of providing friendly support, rather than gruff admonitions to RTFW